"Head Shot" Pic at the Range

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Iron_Marshal
Levergunner 2.0

"Head Shot" Pic at the Range

Post by Iron_Marshal »

Took this pic at the range today. That was ten shots, rapid fire at the seven yard line. That is awfully close, I know, but most gunfights take place at less than that range. I felt the one flier as soon as I pulled the trigger the second shot. The other nine shots formed one ragged hole. I REALLY like this new rifle. Man, I felt like a kid again. I cycled that lever as fast as the rounds left the barrel, and never broke my cheek weld I might add. I fired some more from the 25 and 75 yard lines. I held decent groups, but I was being rushed by the range master because I was shooting between groups of officers needing to qualify with their pistols. Thats why I went to the seven yard line...they were there and I got to make a big, booming WHOOMP compared to their 'lil *bang*. Did I mention that I REALLY like this new rifle?

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936
clubkey
Levergunner 1.0

Post by clubkey »

Nice shootin... So what you got there is one those lever-action assault rifles, but with bigger holes. Surprised none of those gents didn't wanna take her for a spin. :lol:
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I wonder who's the fellow who volunteered for the photo. 8) Good shooting. Even that flyer would really put a crimp in a fellow's plans .... at least give him some problems with his right eyeball (assuming he was able to find it) :D.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

America's early version of our Sturmgewehr.

:wink:

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Iron_Marshal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Iron_Marshal »

Clubkey, two of the guys did shoot her. They fell in love and I think they are covetous. Shame on them... :twisted:

One of them is a Ruger Blackhawk shooter and he works for me on my shift. He owns a leveraction Winchester in 30-30. The other guy is my best friend and is the lieutenant of the vice/narcotic unit. He loves Westerns but doesn't own a levergun...YET. I think he may buy one now.
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
Iron_Marshal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Iron_Marshal »

Kirk, now that you mention it...the "volunteer" sorta looks like you. Just kidding... :P

Blackhawk, I'll look it up, but what is a Sturmgewehr?
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Irish_Cop wrote:Kirk, now that you mention it...the "volunteer" sorta looks like you. Just kidding... :P
Heh, heh .... there may be a slight resemblance, but t'aint me. :D Here's one of me before I became an old geezer (excuse the finger on the trigger).
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Iron_Marshal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Iron_Marshal »

Kirk, If it weren't for the front sight hood and cross bolt safety, you'd look like a 1940's detective. NICE PIC!

Is that a .44? The bore looks about right.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

It's a Marlin 1894 carbine in 44 Mag. That was a sweet little gun .... I bought it (so the story goes) for my wife. I sold it a few years later to buy one of those modern 1886's.
clubkey
Levergunner 1.0

Post by clubkey »

Irish_Cop wrote:Clubkey, two of the guys did shoot her. They fell in love and I think they are covetous. Shame on them... :twisted:

One of them is a Ruger Blackhawk shooter and he works for me on my shift. He owns a leveraction Winchester in 30-30. The other guy is my best friend and is the lieutenant of the vice/narcotic unit. He loves Westerns but doesn't own a levergun...YET. I think he may buy one now.
Irish_Cop,

I've shot with a few of our local Deputies on occasion and I know how much they appreciate anything slightly different than their normal duty gear and especially old fogeys that can qualify with one of them "old school wheel guns."

You're just gonna have to convince them other two gents to come here and join the rest of us lever-gun lovers so their covetous nature can be forgiven.
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

Irish_Cop,

Sturmgewehr literally means storm rifle.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmgewehr

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Iron_Marshal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Iron_Marshal »

Clubkey, I qualified on the same course they did with my backup weapon, a S&W Model 36, a 5 shot 2" snub barreled revolver. I had to break the action and add one round during most of the course because it was designed to accommodate at least a "six-shooter." I still finished shooting faster than most of the guys on the line that had high capacity semi-autos. I got a 94.4% score too!

Heh...heh...heh...
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Irish_Cop wrote:Clubkey, I qualified on the same course they did with my backup weapon, a S&W Model 36, a 5 shot 2" snub barreled revolver. I had to break the action and add one round during most of the course because it was designed to accommodate at least a "six-shooter." I still finished shooting faster than most of the guys on the line that had high capacity semi-autos. I got a 94.4% score too!

Heh...heh...heh...
That's the mark of a true shooter. Get the job done without having to resort to the fanciest and bestest and newest. :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

nice shooting
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Iron_Marshal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Iron_Marshal »

AJ and RJohns, thank you. I had a good range day...

Even if it was focused mainly on pistol shooting.
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Nice "head shots" :D !
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

The range I use specificly forbids the use of even human siloet tragets or pics ( like the bin laden) targets,, but thier requirement for targets beiing between 3 and 6 feet off the ground allows one to tack a full size 100 yard target and a paper plate size target above it. :lol:
Phil
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Did you yell "DIE, YOU POCK-FACED DUCK-HUNTER... DIE!!!!!" as you shot?

That would have been funny.

Good shooting.
Iron_Marshal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Iron_Marshal »

At the police range we have to post picture targets because we run shoot or don't shoot scenarios. Most of the targets have replacement parts, such as a badge, camera, gun, knife...you get the picture. It teaches the officers to make proper I.D before they pull the trigger.

This particular pock-faced vermin actually threw a hedgehog at me! It was a harrowing experience. I think I threw that one round out when the wee 'lil beastie stuck his hardened quills into my ankles.

That target got what it had coming to it. :twisted: