Men's "Rules", Clarified

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Men's "Rules", Clarified

Post by Pete44ru »

We're always hearing about "rules', from the female's POV, so - Here are Men's "rules":

* Men are NOT mindreaders.

* You're a big girl - learn to work the toilet seat ! If it's up, put it down ! We need it up, you need it down - You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down !

* Crying = Blackmail.

* ASK for what you want ! Let's be clear: Subtle hints don't work, strong hints don't work, and obvious hints don't work - Just say what you want !

* "Yes" or "no" are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

* Ask our advice about a problem, only if you want it solved - That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

* Anything we say is inadmissable in an argument; in fact, ALL our comments become null & void after 7 days.

* If YOU think you're fat, you probably are - DON'T ask us about it.

* If something we said can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry - we meant the "other" way.

* Either ask us to do something, or tell us how you want it done - not both. (If you already know the best way to do it, just do it yourself.)

* Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

* Christopher Columbus didn't need directions; neither do we.

* All men can see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings - "Peach", for example, is a fruit, not a color; "Pumpkin" is also a fruit - We have no clue as to what "mauve" is.

* If we ask you what is "wrong", and you say "nothing", WE WILL ACT LIKE NOTHING'S WRONG ! (We know you're lying, but it's just not worth the hassle.)

* If you ask a question you don't want answered, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

* When we have to go out somewhere, ANYTHING you wear is absolutely OK ............... really.

* Please don't ask us what we're thinking, unless you're prepared to discuss topics like guns, hunting, football, baseball or motor sports.

* You have enough clothes.

* You have too many shoes.

* I am in shape. ("Round" is a shape ! )

Thank you, for reading this..............

Yes, I know that I have to sleep on the couch tonight - But, did you know that men really don't mind ? (It's like camping)

Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Men's "Rules", Clarified

Post by Blaine »

Absolutely......BTW, I rarely have a second date with the same Lady...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

:?:
Last edited by FWiedner on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

Man that really hits home today, I'm hitting the woods for awhile.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Why is this not taught in school ?....... :?
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

One more time if you have missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s32QGjxmr-A
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

I can relate to most of that! :lol: As they say, more truth than poetry!

Honestly though, I can't complain. The wife and I just had our 40th anniversary, and she didn't seem to mind that I spent that very day at a Cowboy Smallbore Rifle silhouette match and a gun club board meeting.
We have very much enjoyed our time together, and in all those years, we've never had a fight. Must be love. :D

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Hawkeye2 wrote:One more time if you have missed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s32QGjxmr-A
That video really 'nails' it...

I've had or witnessed that conversation dozens, if not hundreds, of times, as has probably almost every other male human on the planet, I'm betting.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

Just read the rules to wife..now she's upset...couch, here I come..
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote:
Hawkeye2 wrote:One more time if you have missed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s32QGjxmr-A
That video really 'nails' it...

I've had or witnessed that conversation dozens, if not hundreds, of times, as has probably almost every other male human on the planet, I'm betting.
You have no idea.....I think we screwed up letting them wear shoes and go to school....it all went to chit shortly after :cry: :cry:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Pees on the seat????
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

Thanks for that, my wife and I both though it was great.

Owen
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am mean. I put the lid down on the toilet seat. I have to lift something, she has to lift something. It took a while, but she learned to lift a lid.

My wife is hopeless with a map. I cannot count the number of times I have told her that the arrow for North does not point at her feet or her hand. She is almost able to use a Garmin without the kids help. ALMOST!!!

Unfortunately, I actually see every single color that the human eye is capable of. It makes it harder to spot an animal than you might think. Colorblind people can see the shape of an animal in the foliage better than people like me who see too many shades of color. It actually sucks.

My wife has an auditory dysphasia, so she hears things jumbled up, and sometimes says sentences in a total jumble. I have had to learn to read her mind. She sometimes cannot say what she is trying to say without sounding like a dyslexic reading Latin with English pronunciations. She truly cannot hear the difference between Milk, Mink, and Mark. Ketchup comes out sounding like Kadsop, or even Supskad. If you read something backwards, she never misses a word. Say something like asoolacsuT amabalA and she hears it as Tuscaloosa Alabama. Try working with this auditory dysphasia without reading a person's mind. It will make you go insane.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Showed this to the missus last night. I'm thankful it's summer and didn't rain, the hammock in the back yard with the dogs is much more comfortable than the back of the Yukon.

BTW, seeing as how I'm already in trouble....do you mind if I borrow this for another place? I think other bother's need to be able to experience/endure their wives reaction to it.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

Your mad for saying it, and game for doin' it,Australian woman must be the same as American woman, goes to show they must all be sisters.