Prayer Request

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Prayer Request

Post by Scott64A »

My wife and I are going through some really hard times and have been for a few years. We've survived an affair, (hers,) all sorts of financial trouble, and raising a baby to a fine 4 year old.

She is telling me she isn't happy, but is looking outside of herself for that happiness. Thus, she is constantly let down and I bear the brunt.

She has me sleeping upstairs, and says she needs time. We are supposed to go to a couple's weekend in Destin, FL for some faith-based marriage seminar, and I hope she will try to work on us again. I feel like I've been working so hard at keeping our relationship from the fire for so many years, and I'm getting tired. Now it's one more hoop to jump through and she's ever more distant to me.

Ah well, if you have aminute a prayer for our marriage's health would be appreciated. Pray she will become herself and stop faking her way through life so she can give a little love back.

I'm so dissapointed.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Scott -

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. Only thing worse is when children are involved, and you stated you have a child. You will all be in my prayers.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Scott,

Done.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm so sorry for your woes, Scott. It seems like Liberal Society and Dr Phill and his ilk have convinced women that happiness should flow to them as some sort of natural right......Ah, I don't want to get started.....I wish you the best, Sir.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

i AM VERY SORRY FOR YOUR TROUBLES. May God bless all three of you!!! Prayers for you all!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Prayers sent Scott.

I pray you both can find the peace, happiness, and strength within yourselves, so that as strong individuals, you will stand as one against the perils that vainly attempt to pry your family apart.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Prayers sent.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

I am very sorry to hear that. I can sense the anguish in your words. However, have faith...

...it CAN be successfully dealt with if both parties remember their vows and commitment, at the very least. The retreat you mentioned might seem like a good start. But, those are usually largely informational and geared to folks that may not be as far down the path as your situation sounds. Y'all probably need some dedicated time with a pastor and a secular therapist.

God's blessings on you and your family. I pray we'll be hearing of a positive resolution in the not-so-distant future.

scott
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Godbless & Godspeed.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

Scott64A;
Prayers for you and yours are sent. May the vows you made to each other come alive within each of you - as alive as God intends them to be.
Grace and Peace.
Pastordon
Pastordon's Blog
The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. (1 Cor. 8:2)
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I know only too well what you must be going through. Prayers sent.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Scott,

My prayers are with you. I am truly sorry. I pray she attends the weekend retreat with an open heart and reconciliation on her mind.

For all those who ask for prayers, Know that I keep a prayer log and your prayer request are submitted each and every day. I keep their status going until you let us know how these things turn out. I am honored to be able to do this for a group of friends that for many, I may never meet this side of the great divide.

Blessings
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

On the list . . .

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Sorry to hear this. I think I can say I understand what your going thru, but I cant say I know how to fix it. Be strong, keep the faith!
I'll keep you in my prayers.
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

Scott,

Done.

A tough situation to say the least. One I too have been in myself but without children. Stay strong my friend.

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Scott,
I realize this goes against conventional wisdom but try reverse psycology. I do know from past experience that when a woman don't want you, the more you try to change her mind, the more distant she becomes.
If she says its over, tell her to hit the road and go about your business. Tell her "great, the pressure is off, now its my time to play". But.........you have to mean it and be prepared for the consequenses if she takes you up on it. Either way, you want to be the one with the head held high.
Sometimes I wonder about women myself. Most are constant maintenence and are unlike your true friends, your dog and your leverguns.-----Good luck pard, stand tall and remember, YOU are #1---------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

canonsix
Levergunner 2.0

Post by canonsix »

Been there done that ,lost the Tshirt.Prayers up . Doug
a armed man is his own master
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Sure thing Scott. See if you can get your wife to keep in mind what's best for your child.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

BTDT 2.

Wish I could offer some sage advice but the only things I can come up with are old sayings: You can lead a horse to water... and It takes two to tango.

Prayers sent friend.
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Thanks to all.

Her car broke down this AM and even though I am 70 miles away and on an ALS ambulance, I still handled it and put out the fire between a stroke call and a chest pain call.

She seemed genuinely appreciative, and when I asked her to reconssider leaving me, she said happily, "Yes."
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Scott64A wrote:She seemed genuinely appreciative, and when I asked her to reconssider leaving me, she said happily, "Yes."
Music to my ears, amigo.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

hard facts of life

Post by brucew44guns »

After 29 years with the bride of my youth, she thought she fell in love again, with someone else. It took me a couple years to finally let go, tried shaming her, sicking the pastor on her, her friends and family told her she was nuts, etc., etc.,. I finally understood in my heart that I was all done, she was going to leave and get a divorce. When I accepted that, she did leave, and things slowly got better. I married a woman later that had a big piece of land in the sticks, we built a new house. Worked like dogs and saved, paid it all off, no debt, I recently retired. 13 years ago it was painful, but hearts heal Scott. If your old lady is through with you, you should know it better than anyone, trust me, you will go on, and prosper, and you will succeed.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
w30wcf
Senior Levergunner

Post by w30wcf »

Scott,
Sorry to hear about your situation. If you can get her to the Marriage Encounter weekend, that may make a difference.

Also, I would suggest that you call Focus On the Family ((800)-232-6459. Explain the situation and they will offer some help.

Their web address is: http://www.family.org/
There are resources there as well.

I will remember your family in my prayers.

w30wcf
aka John Kort
aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka w44wcf (black powder)
NRA Life member
.22 WCF, .30 WCF, .44 WCF Cartridge Historian
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

Prayers sent brother....

Before you try anything else, please see if you can have her checked for
depression. It comes in all shapes and sizes.

If you let her go down the road there is a chance she will NEVER be happy.

But, it's not easy to ask someone to see a psychiatrist, or to find one that is
not a prescription writing money collector.

Just remember, at the end of the day make sure you don't hurt YOURSELF in
the process, ok.

Stay optomistic but be prepared for anything.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Update: This weekend is the conference in Destin, FL.

We are doing better, but she hasn't said, "I love you" since the whole blow-up. I hope God keeps us together and helps her to get over all of her life's dissapointments from her childhood.

At least the weekend in Destin will give us both tools to grow together rather than apart, if she wants that.

There's a whole morning seminar on letting go and forgiving old hurts that Im looking forward to.

-Wish us luck!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Prayers up Scott! Hate to hear you guys are going through rough times, but your character is showing through.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

There may be a possibility of depression. Sounds a lot like our experience. My wife and I went through a long period of unhappiness, mostly on her part. She would say she's just not happy, not in love anymore and so on. I would bust my butt to do all the little things that the ladies like to make them feel special and good about themselves. Things would be good for a little while then she would start all over again. After about 4 or 5 times of her threatening to leave I just said fine, your right, it's over, I'm done. That completely blew her away. I called her bluff and she had to sit back and rethink things. Deep in her mind she always knew she had a pretty darn good life and marriage. She went to a doctor and tried some different medications to restore her chemical balance. She's a different person now and often thanks me for sticking with her through the bad times. Truth be told, the only reason I stuck it out so long was for the sake of our daughter, but it all worked out in the end.

I will say some prayers that you all can find happiness again.
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Dang Ted, sounds exactly like what I'm dealing with.

Believe me, when I think of our little girl, and the stuff that would surely follow, I feel pretty sad. I have done all I can to keep this ship afloat, and if she doesn't want to work it out after this weekend, I'll let her go.

I can easily afford the mortgage on my own, and I'd have her pay support. In GA, when a spouse has an extramarital affair, it doesn't help their situation much at all, since it is against the law to do so. We have been sliding along since her affair, and even though I've done everything I know to improve myself and be a better person, I need to be with someone who will connect emotionally with me as well as spiritually and mentally.

I've never really had an emotional connetion with her, aside from the turmoil. I can't make her be a loving feeling and becoming human being as God designed us all to be.

I can only show her the door, but she has to go through it. It's more than depression from a chemical imbalance. She needs to heal and carefully examine her psyche to get over this, and she hasn't been willing to do that yet. I am hoping that if she sees God's plan for married couples at this convention, it will give her some goals to work toward when she gets back into therapy.

We all have issues and obstacles to overcome, but it is our duty to cull out the behaviors that keep us from serving our families in the best way possible. I've gotten over mine, and now it's her turn. Trouble is, she is really selfish and her motivation for all she does is for HER, and not US or our family. She will set the table with the thiungs SHE likes, and we all have to get up and get whatever condiments we like.
In ther words, because it doesn't serve HER, she doesn't care.

She thinks nothing of dissappearing for the day at a friends huse with te kid and not calling to say if she's ok or coming home. I have had to continually call her cell phone, only to have her ignore it and not answer.
I actually have to tell her how I feel it's wrong to act that way, as if she doesn't even see it. Well, maybe if she looked past herself, she would.

Sorry to rant, but it feels good to get it out.

I'm looking forward to some change, whichever way it goes.

Either I give her the boot or she grows the heck up. I don't and would not threaten that, that's not fair. If she wants in on this, then she has to get past herself. I wont stand by and be treated poorly; I deserve better than that.
Winjester
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Winjester »

Scott,
It's good to get things off your chest. I believe everyone at one time or another needs someone to listen to them. This forum contains the best bunch of good hearts you'll ever find.
You have my prayers and best wishes. I know personally what you're going through.
Winjester
God Bless America!
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

What a great conference! It was hosted by Family Life Ministries, and is called "Weekend to Remember" and let me tell you, it was fantastic. This is great bible-based counselling with guest speakers who really knolw how to humbly submit their own stories and bring Scripture to life in almost any situation.

My wife and I learned some very valuable tools in coping with conflict in a healthy way, and we were asked to take a good look at ourselves and the things we had done to either grow towards marital oneness or toward isolation. We went over some of the forces at work that try to tear couples apart, and when you really look closely at these things, we found that a lot of it had to do with our rotten and self-serving culture, propagated by Satan. "Why try to cherish your spouse when they are not meeting your needs? Why not have it YOUR way? You can do anything you want, so long as you are happy." So many dark forces at work...

We learned ways to better serve each other as the second most top priority in our lives, second only to God.
I learned how to be a pastor in my own home and to shepard my family and home by serving them lovingly and ceaselessly.

Such a psotive and reaffirming weekend. We both have things to work on, and picked up a handful of books to read and reflect upon. We were saved in the nick of time, and there were many other couples who were also experiencing a "make it or break it" weekend.

Thanksfor your prayers and good thoughts.

God bless you all.
Scott
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

Scott64A wrote:Update: This weekend is the conference in Destin, FL.

We are doing better, but she hasn't said, "I love you" since the whole blow-up. I hope God keeps us together and helps her to get over all of her life's dissapointments from her childhood.

At least the weekend in Destin will give us both tools to grow together rather than apart, if she wants that.

There's a whole morning seminar on letting go and forgiving old hurts that Im looking forward to.

-Wish us luck!

Prayers sent and best wishes...keep the faith.
Semper Fi
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

Scott64A wrote:What a great conference! It was hosted by Family Life Ministries, and is called "Weekend to Remember" and let me tell you, it was fantastic. This is great bible-based counselling with guest speakers who really knolw how to humbly submit their own stories and bring Scripture to life in almost any situation.

My wife and I learned some very valuable tools in coping with conflict in a healthy way, and we were asked to take a good look at ourselves and the things we had done to either grow towards marital oneness or toward isolation. We went over some of the forces at work that try to tear couples apart, and when you really look closely at these things, we found that a lot of it had to do with our rotten and self-serving culture, propagated by Satan. "Why try to cherish your spouse when they are not meeting your needs? Why not have it YOUR way? You can do anything you want, so long as you are happy." So many dark forces at work...

We learned ways to better serve each other as the second most top priority in our lives, second only to God.
I learned how to be a pastor in my own home and to shepard my family and home by serving them lovingly and ceaselessly.

Such a psotive and reaffirming weekend. We both have things to work on, and picked up a handful of books to read and reflect upon. We were saved in the nick of time, and there were many other couples who were also experiencing a "make it or break it" weekend.

Thanksfor your prayers and good thoughts.

God bless you all.
Scott
Good news... :)
Semper Fi