Crazy weather!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Crazy weather!

Post by mod71alaska »

5 days ago the temperature here in the North Country of NH was -25 and it didn't get above zero for several days. Yesterday and today the temperature was 58 above and it felt like spring! These temperatures the last 2 days along with wind driven rain have taken most of our snow. Tonight the temperature is back down to a wintry 12 above...that is a 46 degree temperature drop in 12 hours!...with a below zero wind chill as NW winds gust to near 40 mph.

This is crazy weather! I prefer cold, snowy winters without a January "spring" thaw.

How's your weather been lately?
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Crazy weather!

Post by BigSky56 »

Had a chinook out of BC come in wed night 50* burned off a foot of snow and had to blade the slush off before it freezes going to get cold again thank the Lord the ground wasnt frozen the water had some place to go. Its been more like spring weather than winter usually dont get chinooks till march. danny
flatnose
Levergunner 3.0

Post by flatnose »

Same here in southern california victor. 51 tonight, 34 two nights ago. last week daytime temps pushing 80. this week mid 60's. Next 5 days 73/54, then cooling off again. Not bad by any means. We are 1/2 a block from the beach and it went down to 28 at night couple of weeks ago.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Our weather has been strange as well. This past Monday, it was 74 degrees which is at least 40 degrees above what a typical Kansas January day should be. Two days later we woke up to 22 degrees and 3 inches of snow. This morrning it is 5 degrees. Forecast for next week is highs in the 50s. Way too warm. A week of warm weather can make our trees bud out; bad for our apple and pear harvest.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

34 below this morn actual temp. :shock: love it. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

16 above here in NE Oklahoma. Actually got almost 2 inches of rain earlier this week, first we've had in quite a while. Snow flurries yesterday and 70 last Sunday. Even had a couple tornadoes on Tuesday I think. This is all pretty normal for here though. Like Will said: "If you don't like the weather in Oklahoma, just wait a minute."
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

71 today and all through the weekend.
oops, sorry. :mrgreen: I'mmm not sorry.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Yep, we had 78 on Tuesday and it was 5 when I got up this morning.
NRA Life Member
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

yep, the dip in the jet stream affected most of the country bringing warm tropical air north, along with lots of rain and high winds. Back side of the storm has snow with wind and cold temps, pretty much for most of the country. we are about 35 degrees colder today than two days ago. Wind is really blowing still, but again, not as bad as yesterday morning. Colder temps on the way for Ground Hogs Day.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
bmtshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bmtshooter »

We have been having quite a few of those "Chamber of Commerce Photo" days here lately. Clear & sunny ..... mid 70s for highs & mid 40s for lows. The plants are thinking it is Spring down here. It won't be long before we are firing up the lawn mowers again. It was a good day today to do a little windmill work.
NRA life member
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

M. M. Wright wrote:16 above here in NE Oklahoma. Actually got almost 2 inches of rain earlier this week, first we've had in quite a while. Snow flurries yesterday and 70 last Sunday. Even had a couple tornadoes on Tuesday I think. This is all pretty normal for here though. Like Will said: "If you don't like the weather in Oklahoma, just wait a minute."
We desperately need the rain; we finished last year 9 1/2 inches under, Hay prices have gone from $38 for large round bales to over $100 if you can even find them. Many of us are going to be forced to make some hard decisions on how many horses we can keep. We have four, plus five donkeys, and not near enough grass to feed them all.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

We had the Stock Show Weather a week before the Ft. Worth Stock Show opened and have had nice weather since. I am not complaining.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I dunno, Victor - We're having a real heat wave, here in SOUTHERN ;) New England, where the temp's soared all the way up to the high teens............ :roll: . :roll: . :mrgreen:

I feel REALLY weird, walking my dog AM's, wearing dark sunglases against the post-dawn glare while wrapped in a goose-down coat.
My sunglasses need defrosters...... :shock: