Shooting Tri-pods

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Shooting Tri-pods

Post by Marlin32 »

Going Moose/mule deer hunting. Thinking about buying a shooting tri-pod. I have a pair of aluminum shooting sticks I use for turkey, and they would work well if seated etc. But I am concerned that in a spot and stalk situation, I might get caught in a standing position to shoot, so I thought the tri-pod would be the ticket.

If I have time to get seated etc, then have a lot more options and may not need any sticks.

What opinions do you all have on shooting off these Tri-pods. (like the trigger stix etc)
Lobo
Member Emeritus

Re: Shooting Tri-pods

Post by Lobo »

Hi All,

I have a set of Bipod Shooting Sticks.....aluminum tubing with shock cord, and a piece of rubber tubing from tube to tube at the top that allows me to rest the firearm. The tubes are long enough for me to sit and rest a rifle or revolver solidly. If I'm standing, I can put the bottoms of the two tubes in my front right jeans pocket, and hold the top of the rest and the fore-end of the rifle together with my left hand (right handed shooter). This provides a much more stable shooting position that without.
Lobo in West Virginia
Old List Veteran..Five Years..Five Hundred Posts
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Spend the $99 on Bog-Pod brand tripod and don't look back. Great to shoot off of, easy to use, works sitting, kneeling and standing, has adapters to mount camera, rifle rest, spotting scope, etc. Quiet, easy to set up and sturdy.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

Thanks, I was looking at those Bog pods last night on line.
I have birthday coming up next week, may need to slip that little suggestion into the wife's ear?
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by airedaleman »

Last Tri-pod I shot dressed out at 260 pounds...
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I made a bipod out of two fiberglass electric fence rods/poles/stakes. Spray painted them and tied together with 550 cord. Yes, I'm too cheap to BUY a tripod!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson