OT Vintage photo of industrial usage of leveraction

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pdentrem
Levergunner 2.0

OT Vintage photo of industrial usage of leveraction

Post by pdentrem »

An old family photo showing granddad and employees in the workshop. I believe a Marlin 1893 rifle center and a unknown holstered revolver on the left. Also had 2 Thompsons at one time but they are long gone. They were full auto versions.
http://wrx-now.tripod.com/assorted/inde ... rkshop?i=4

Wanted to post photo here but need a better version to see details.
bmtshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT Vintage photo of industrial usage of leveraction

Post by bmtshooter »

Hard to say for sure, but I see a 1873 Winchester rather than a Marlin. Any idea of when this was taken? It's really a neat old picture. Thanks for sharing.
NRA life member
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: OT Vintage photo of industrial usage of leveraction

Post by J Miller »

I'd agree with Marlin at least. The lever hinge is forward of the level not right at it as an 1873 Winchester is. Also this rifle seems to have a fore end cap and a mag tube hanger which would make it a short rifle, but it has what looks like a carbine but plate on it.

Anywho, that's what it looks like to me.

Now I'm wondering what they are making in that shop.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***