Winchester 94 Pre64 Carrier Question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Winchester 94 Pre64 Carrier Question

Post by ohwin94_61 »

My Win94 1961 carrier picture does this seem like normal wear on my carrier? or is it worn or modified or normal? is it a need for concern
Thanks Dennis
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Winchester 94 Pre64 Carrier Question

Post by J Miller »

Dennis,

That doesn't look like wear to me. Looks like someone hit that spot with a grinder. That's right where the loading gate would cross over the carrier. Could be the carrier sat just a hair high and the gate drug on it. So they adjusted it.

As long as your 94 functions properly I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

I just went to the safe and dragged out one of my 94s.. the one closest to the front is a 1955.. looks just like yours.. That is hand work, done way before investment casting was even thought of.. I'd be surprised if you, your son and your grandson could ever afford enough ammo to wear that gun out.. Les
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
Zed Stewart
Levergunner

Post by Zed Stewart »

The way I understand it, the Win tooling was so worn out that all of the rifles made in the last 20 or so years on the original tooling were hand fitted jobs. That was why Win discontinued them in 64.