met another new gun owner today at walmart...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

met another new gun owner today at walmart...

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I was going there to buy a box of 9mm hp's to run through my new police trade in glock - needed to check its sights and mags and such before putting it in the jeep for duty. Well, wally world was out of hp 9mm - along with a lot of other ammo - most of it as a matter of fact... and there was a guy there wanting the same thing as me - seems he just bought a new Taurus 24/7 and wanted to take it to the range and practice. He was familiar with rifles and shotguns but knew nothing about handguns and bought this on his coworker's advice. His bro is in the army - stationed at Ft. Hood and he ran him through the paces of disassebly, cleaning, shootint, etc. - so the guy has some common sense.

I wonder just how many other people are buying a high cap pistol, rifle, etc. ahead of the new coming...

Oh, the G17 performed as expected. And the sights were dead on, so the LEO that had it before me must have been right handed and shot it enough to have it adjusted properly. Shot right to point of aim.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Re: met another new gun owner today at walmart...

Post by GEOFF »

Yep, I know a guy that has a couple of guns, not really into them or anything, he went and got an AR15 and a Beretta 92F. That is a sizable investment but he's worried about future availability. It's happening all over the US. Proud of these guys!

Heck I'm not really into 9mm myself but I went out and got a 92F for the same reason.

Geoff
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Good on you too then! :)
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Normally I am not a soulless auto loader type of guy (even though that is what I have for work) but I have found myself really eyeing a 92FS. Not the nicest looking pistol out there but they are fairly accurate very dependable and rugged as all get out.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
William
Levergunner

Post by William »

I think that you are seeing Walmart's ongoing policy of quietly getting out of selling anything gun related. The number of locations that even sell firearms is few and far between. Walmart says that they aren't making enough money to justify carrying firearms at all locations but I don't believe it.

I do know that the price of semi-auto rifles and high capacity magazines has nearly doubled in what could be described as panic buying based on what the new administration has in store for gun owners in general, and it could be justified considering what the Klintons did.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Yep. I'm gettin the itch.

XDm?
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

As much as I love the .45 ACP, would you really want to be without a gun firing the most common handgun ammunition in the world? And if one is good, more are better!!! :D

Congrats!!!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I too am seriously contemplating a new autoloader purchase. My state's CCW class states that to carry an auto, you must take the course with an auto. I really want to use an EAA Thunderer or a Bird's head grip Beretta Stampede, but dont want to limit my future options.
Have my heart set on the recently re-issued Colt Delta 10mm but am having trouble finding a shop to order one. Everyone seems to be out of the cool Springfield "Mil Specs" too. Seems like i may have to "settle" for a Kimber, as they are the one manufacturer that still seems to be relevant and prevalent in my area (for 1911's -- Glock and SF XD fans have no probs with availability)
----- Doug