OT- Beretta Laramie

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Beretta Laramie

Post by kimwcook »

Anyone have any experiences with the Beretta Laramie in 45 Colt? Or, for that matter any of the Italian made Schofields, of the S&W 2000 Schofield?
Old Law Dawg
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- Beretta Laramie

Post by Andrew »

I remember one of the guys on here had gotten one; or maybe thought about getting one. Hmmm, my memory escapes me. :?
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Yeah, that seems to happen to me more and more and. What were we talking about? :D
Old Law Dawg
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I have an Uberti-made Schofield. Full length model in .45 Colt. I really like it, and I got it for a song (relatively) second hand, making it that much sweeter! :D

Noah has the shorter-barrel version. He posted a great range report on it earlier this year. They are really nice guns; well made, and a ton of fun to shoot. 8)
Sheepman Dave
Levergunner

Post by Sheepman Dave »

My wife got me a 5" Uberti for my birthday :D

Great shooter, love it!
The more corrupt a society, the more numerous its laws.
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

I have a pair of Cimarron Lightnings, which I believe start life as Ubertis. They are very nice. I also have two Cimarron Model P's on order. I should be able to tell you about them after January 1.

EDIT Sorry, I just noticed you are asking about the Schofields. I goed to publik schul.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

just so happens I am researching them tonight and will be curious on the comments. Also looking at a refurbished original model 3 at 6 x the cost. :shock:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GEOFF »

Kimwcook,

I'll bet it's as cold down there in Soap Lake as we are up here in Tonasket. We've got 4 below zero right now, clouding up though.

About a year ago, gun writer Mike Venturino was selling some of his guns to get into some WW2 full autos for his next book. I've been a fan of Mike's for over 20 years, enjoying his writing. One of the guns I bought from him was his S&W Schofield Performance 2000. Beautful revolver, the fit and finish is wonderful and a pretty doggone faithful reproduction. Cool thing about this gun is that it will letter from S&W to Mike Venturino. This gun has the correct shorter cylinder for the correct Schofield .45 round.

Downside of this gun are a couple of things. One is that the checkering on the hammer is really light, and on a gun this nice it should've been checkered much nicer. The other thing I don't really like is the size of the grips. I believe Mike V. said the grip panels on the originals were skinnier and they made the gun feel better and point better. That Canadian fella that posts here, I think his name is Kirk D. has an original, not a Schofield but what is it maybe a number 3 and he has written that his points and feels GREAT. Also the S&W that I have does NOT have the firing pin on the hammer so it has been lawyerized to a certain degree. I love the gun though and I will keep it. I have a US Firearms Henry Nettleton faithful repro of the cavalry pistol from 1878 too and I enjoy comparing the two.

My pick would definitely be the Colt SAA over the Schofield but it sure is interesting the advancement of being able to eject all empties at once and the ease of doing so while galloping along on a horse!!!

Also by the way the S&W that I bought from Venturino, at least the one that I have, when Mike tested it with BLACK POWDER she locked up after a couple of cylinder fulls. The Italian copies that Mike tested were better in this regard, probably not as tight of tolerences.

So there are a couple of bright and downsides of my S&W. Glad I have it and it's fun for sure! Probably best to save some money and get the best Italian replica out there. Maybe not as good of finish and the cylinder and chambering will be not as authentic but it will be close enough to have as much fun and save $$$ while doing it.

My thoughts anyway!

Geoff
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Thanks for the information guys. I've got the Colt SAA's, not as many as I'd like to have. :D After seeing Kirk's S&W I got to looking around and came across the Beretta Laramie and of course the Schofiefld's and #3's. Just thought I'd see what the forum had to say about the different models. The nickel Laramie w/adjustable rear sight looks tempting.
Old Law Dawg
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

Hoss, over on the single actions forum ... recently bought a Navy Arms Schofield.

http://single-actions.phpbb3now.com/vie ... f=5&t=3760
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Kim:

Link to my post about my Laramie, with photo of Laramie next to the 5" Uberti "Wells Fargo" Schofield:

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... 27#p137927

Feel free to e-mail me with questions -- noah_zark77@hotmail.com

(underscore between "noah" and "zark")

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Thanks, Noah. Might just do that after I get a short list of questions put together.
Old Law Dawg
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

yeah, thanks Noah, I have been fighting the urger ever since that post and I'm loosing the battle with KirkD's recent post. you guys sure are enablers here :lol:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot