Why is it...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Why is it...

Post by cutter »

...that so few of us care about our rights and traditions as hunters and shooters.

When I visit the 'enemies' websites, they have sample letters that can be copied and sent to officials. They list the contact info of every senater , along with info on bills they will be voting on. 'They' have "take actoin" alerts , letting their supporters know when to start ringing the phones in the senate.

Where is my take action alert?
Why is it that when something is posted, it gets ignored?

I just don't understand, why bitch about something when you have no intention of doing anything about it?
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

I use GOA to send my emails. Works well.

http://www.gunowners.org/

Not sure where your take action alert is.

Whenever someone posts something needing a letter, I go to GOA and send a letter.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

I do something. I buy a hunting license no matter what & I use it. I taught my sons to hunt and they still do. I'll teach my grandkids to hunt, and perhaps my greatgrandkids as well.

If it becomes illegal to hunt, then I'll be an outlaw. Nobody gave me the right to hunt, and nobody can take it away.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Dunno where you get the idea that folks here arent politically active.
Likely the enemy sites need links readilly available so people will act.
As already mentioned GOA is great but all my legislators e-mail addys are saved & I have all their phone numbers & addresses handy. I apreciate things posted here but dont need it to make myself heard.

With all due respect Swampman, buying a hunting license isn't enough to make a difference. Thats something alot of liberal anti's do thinking its not their guns but the evil assault weapons theyre after. People buy fishing licenses too & that doesn't help pro gun politics a bit.
Last edited by Leverdude on Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

Why is it...that so few of us care about our rights and traditions as hunters and shooters.

Cutter,

That's a pretty bold statement coming from someone that's only been around here for a month. :shock:

If you feel your's or other's posts are being ignored, maybe you need to spend a lot more time reading some of the many many previous discussions on the subject of "Our Rights", before you start assuming you know anything about the personal feelings and actions of other members here.
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

Uh-oh, It's gonna hit the fan now.
And sir, you deserve it, the folks here are VERY concerned about thier rights, AND there is A LOT of effort put forth to preserve them, if you think you're the only one with a plan just sit back and pay attention for awhile.
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

I'm sorry guys.

I wasn't clear. I meant all of us, as in all gun/hunting forums. In the past TWO YEARS that I have been active on the internet, I have learned that there is a lot of talk.

For example, the California lead ban. If there was so much uproar , I would have known about it earlier.

This is the only board I will be a member of, simply because of the character of the men here. But I do read many others, and I see that so few care about anything other than," Glad I don't live there..."

I learned my lesson there. The NRA would have alerted me. I didn't want to join the NRA. I do not like the NRA. But they can get the word out.

I guess I'm just frusterated by the " Not my problem ", or "that's California for you" attitude I see so often.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

What's not to like about the NRA? They are your friend.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

cutter wrote: The NRA would have alerted me. I didn't want to join the NRA. I do not like the NRA. But they can get the word out.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT :(
The NRA does get the word out. :wink:
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by The Lewis »

The U. S. Sportsmens Alliance has a page of pending bills by state, that is a place to go and see what each state's politicians are up to and than you can get involved with the ones that concern you. I think a lot of folks are actively trying to do what they can but the opposing numbers are amassing and complacency is all too real. Don't be afraid to talk to who ever about guns and their benefits, but always take the high road and don't get belligerent, let those emotional liberals go there. And don't point fingers...
Molon Labe
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Heck, I post so much stuff of a political nature - most pertaining to our firearms rights - that I worry I'm going to get booted off this site!

I am a member of many different pro-gun organizations (see my signature line), and a Patron member of the NRA. Sign up with them - there is strength in numbers. They are not always right, but they are respected - or rather, feared - by lawmakers. They are not called one of the most effective lobbies for nothing!

I write my elected representatives often. I do not use pre-made cards - they are usually ignored. Individual letters - even if based on suggested guidelines and then customized - really have an impact.

One of the reasons I like it here is that so many of us are dedicated to our liberties. Please hang around, share what you learn, and help make us stronger! :D
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Last edited by Hobie on Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hobie wrote:http://ww.VCDL.org
Hobie - I can't get the link to work. What is this?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

If you're concerned, go out and dig it up for yourself so need not depend on being alerted. Around here, we are after all, hardly concerned about gun rights :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Junior
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Junior »

Kid, Hobie left out a w. It's http://www.VCDL.org
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Junior wrote:Kid, Hobie left out a w. It's http://www.VCDL.org
Thanks Junior :D - I didn't look hard enough at the actual link! :roll:
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
Stubby fingers! :oops: :lol: I fixed it.

PLUS you should read my blog. Got an update on the right side. Post some things from VCDL in the blog itself. PLUS I am NOW a Life Member of the NRA.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Why is it...

Post by gamekeeper »

cutter wrote:...that so few of us care about our rights and traditions as hunters and shooters.

When I visit the 'enemies' websites, they have sample letters that can be copied and sent to officials. They list the contact info of every senater , along with info on bills they will be voting on. 'They' have "take actoin" alerts , letting their supporters know when to start ringing the phones in the senate.

I just don't understand, why bitch about something when you have no intention of doing anything about it?
cutter, I know how you feel, I have, together with thousands of British shooters and hunters fought for and am still fighting for our rights but there is always a lot of dumb BUTTS that sit on the sidelines. However I think you will find that is not the case with Levergunners we seem to be more active than most when it comes to fighting for freedom!
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
BruceB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BruceB »

Cutter; This sad state of affairs has existed since the gun control debate began. There have always been those who believe controls on the other guy's guns are ok. "A handgun ban doesn't affect my deer rifle (or bird gun), so it's okay with me."" I don't use assault weapons so it's okay with me to ban them." "I didn't see anything on the news about it.""It won't happen in this state!". These attitudes are common. There's already a "I don't hunt, so a lead ban on hunting ammo is alright with me." attitude appearing.
The fight is all of ours whether it's in Alaska or Florida, New Jersey or California.
GOD SAVE THE UNITED STATES!

Original member of Leverguns.com forum

NRA Life Member

Boy, what a mess them .45's make.

When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Why is it...

Post by sore shoulder »

cutter wrote:...Why is it that when something is posted, it gets ignored?
If your posts usually have vague ambiguous titles, that could be one reason. I only clicked out of curiosity. GOA does exactly what you are asking for. Alerts, senators numbers, and pre-written e-mails. NRA does not. Of course they are for sensible gun control. I am for no gun control, as any citizen should be.
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Hobie wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:
Stubby fingers! :oops: :lol: I fixed it.

PLUS you should read my blog. Got an update on the right side. Post some things from VCDL in the blog itself. PLUS I am NOW a Life Member of the NRA.
Congrats Hobie...welcoming a new Lifer!! :D :D

LeverBob
Soon to be Patron member