POLITICS - NRA/SAF wins against the city of New Orleans...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

POLITICS - NRA/SAF wins against the city of New Orleans...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

...and the chocolate mayor himself, Ray Nagin!

Nagin admitted that the city was wrong and agreed to a settlement that will include the return of all siezed firearms to their lawful owners. About darn time. I wish though that the NRA and the SAF would not have settled - I'd have loved to see Nagin have to pay some sort of fine, and then be brought up on criminal charges! :evil:

Still, a good day for the good guys! :D
Bob
Levergunner

Re: NRA/SAF wins against the city of New Orleans...

Post by Bob »

I wonder how they will determine who the "lawful" owners are? I don't know about you, but I don't think I've saved the receipts for all mine, some I bought 35 years ago.
Bob
L8agin
Levergunner 2.0

Post by L8agin »

Can you just imagine how they were taken care of. Bet they arn't all there either :evil:
L8
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

L8agin wrote:Can you just imagine how they were taken care of. Bet they arn't all there either :evil:
L8
I've seen on some National Geographic show that there is a process that dissolves large lumps of corrosion to reveal the individual items encased in the lump.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

I'm sure the "anti civil rights" (ie anti gun) Chief and Mayor stored all those guns very carefully during the hurricane...

:roll:
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

It's good that they agree to return the guns, but Nagin should be in prison. :evil:
NRA Life Member
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: POLITICS - NRA/SAF wins against the city of New Orleans...

Post by JerryB »

Kirk old boy you sure do have a way with words that will warm the hearts of those poor folk in New Orleans waiting for the guns. I reckon lumps of corrosion is about right.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Re: POLITICS - NRA/SAF wins against the city of New Orleans...

Post by donw »

beware of "greeks bearing gifts" ...

in this case the "greeks" is nagin and his cronies...

they'll probably return with a revenge....
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers