Politics - 25 Hints that You're Not Voting for Obama

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Politics - 25 Hints that You're Not Voting for Obama

Post by Ysabel Kid »

25 Hints You're Not Voting for Obama
Peter Kirsanow

Today's Rasmussen daily tracking poll has 80% of Democrats supporting Obama and 87% of Republicans supporting McCain. There are still a healthy number of undecideds. This conflicts with the stream of media reports that Obamacons, evangelicals, black conservatives and independents are flocking to Obama.

If you're an independent, moderate or conservative on the fence about whether to vote for McCain or Obama, here's a helpful guide:

It's unlikely you'll vote for Obama if you....

1. aren't a news anchor.
2. read the New York Times for pretty much the same reason the NSA monitors radio transmissions.
3. automatically conclude that the person laughing in the car next to you must be listening to Rush. Or maybe Obama off teleprompter.
4. dislocated your shoulder trying to explain Obama's position on Iraq to co-workers.
5. find autobiographies generally more interesting when the author has, you know, done something.
6. remember the Carter Administration.
7. would give a month's pay to play Jack Bauer's partner on 24.
8. increasingly agree with Mark Steyn that "almost everything [Obama] says is, well, nuts."
9. think it's relevant — despite what the sophisticates say — that several of Obama's mentors and associates have displayed a dislike for America or a disdain for Americans.
10. think it's relevant that several of McCain's mentors and associates are American heroes of historic magnitude.
11. think about 9/11 more than once a year.
12. have concluded that Larry the Cable Guy makes way more sense than Howard Dean.
13. feel a little safer during turbulence when your pilot is a calm "white haired dude."
14. thought about Hillary's 3:00 a.m. phone call ad when you first heard about Russian tanks in Georgia.
15. wonder why Obama felt it necessary to give a speech on patriotism.
16. get sorta creeped out by 200,000 Germans chanting "Obama! Obama!"
17. think the jury may still be out on Harvard Law School.
18. suspect "merci beaucoup" is French for "empty suit."
19. doubt that teleprompters are really magical dispensers of good ideas.
20. know in your gut that defiantly withstanding 4 1/2 years of torture trumps all of Obama's qualifications and accomplishments combined — regardless of what the elite pundits say.
21. repeatedly find yourself asking "Change to what?"
22. have ever used the term "pompous twit' in the same sentence with "Marx," "Marcuse," or "Sartre." 23. don't like being told what to do — especially by someone who hasn't done it.
24. really like ticking off the media, Hollywood, academics, and PC busybodies everywhere.
25. weren't born yesterday.

Score (# of descriptions that apply to you):
0— Go ahead, write in Dennis Kucinich
1—3 Obama may be your choice after all
4—5 You think Hillary got a raw deal and won't vote Obama
6—24 McCain's your man
25 It's OK to write in Reagan

Looks like I get to write in Reagan!!! - YK :D
TCB in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Politics - 25 Hints that You're Not Voting for Obama

Post by TCB in TN »

I scored 25, something tells me I might not be voting for him.

BTW I was told the other day that I was racist because I wasn't going to vote for Obama. I responded that I would GLADLY vote for JC Watts, Alan Keyes, Walter Williams, Condi Rice, heck I would probably vote for Dennis Rodman before I vote for Obama!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

TCB in TN wrote:I scored 25, something tells me I might not be voting for him.

BTW I was told the other day that I was racist because I wasn't going to vote for Obama. I responded that I would GLADLY vote for JC Watts, Alan Keyes, Walter Williams, Condi Rice, heck I would probably vote for Dennis Rodman before I vote for Obama!
I've been told the same thing, and responded in the same way. We have a plethera of extremely-qualified men and women "of color" - but more importantly - of a TON OF BRAINS and EXPERIENCE - and I'd vote for any of them at the top or bottom of a ticket. I guess it is racist to expect all peoples to be judged by their character and accomplishments, and not their skin color...

BTW, I'd add Thomas Sowell, Michael Steele, Larry Elders, Shelby Steele, Janice Rogers Brown, Bobby Jindhal (Indian) to the list - and many more. I've had the pleasure of meeting JC Watts, and was thoroughly impressed!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

My dog took this test and
:wink: hes not voting for Obama either :wink:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Just took my boy to Target last night and there in the young childrens books was a book about Obama. Something like "The Hope of Obama" or some such garbage geared towards the 10 year olds. I am still in a state of shock and disgust...... :(
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

LOL :lol:

Thanks YK :D
GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GEOFF »

Great post YK!!

World events during the last week have made me more of a McCain supporter, that is for sure. To think Barrak Hussein Obama could be our next president freaks me out!!!

Geoff
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Vote for him? I wouldn't walk across the street to pee on him if he was on fire. :roll:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

I'm definitely in Reagan Country............
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt