Win 92 25-20

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Win 92 25-20

Post by Old Savage »

Offered a Win 92 25-20 today. Bore is perfect, metal is good, wood has many dings, works very smoothly much more so than a Rossi. $795 - They made them nice in 1917. What do you all think?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

That doesn't sound bad to me. I've been on the look out for one for some time now. I just never have the money when they surface. :(
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I had just bought an unfired NIB Ruger BH in 45 Colt, 4 5/8". Made in 1972 - 3 screw. :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

3t-
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 3t- »

Take that 92!!

Got one myself a while back with not as good a bore and it is a HOOT to shoot!!! very accurate and loads of punch.

I'd give $795 and never look back.
regards

3T
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

That just looks like a fun cartridge. 8) Someday...

Go for it!!! :D
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Is it a carbine or rifle?If it is nice I would jump on it quick. I have a 92 rifle in 32-20 made in 1917, bought it from an uncle in early 1950's.They are slick shooting and don't cost alot to reload.I think Kirk has got some good 25-20 loads worked up, as some others here have.

Jerry
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

A gaudy, refinished one would tag @ $700-750, with a pristine gennie going for North of $2500 - way North.

You were made an exceptionally fair offer, IF you want a .25-20.

I'd jump on it, even if I didn't want a .25-20 - just because it's such a good deal.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

I'd buy it if I had the cash in hand.

Finally got a 25/20 barrel for a Marlin 1894 project I need to do sometime.
I'm backlogged & dont know when I'll get to it, but I gots a barrel! :P
Junior
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Junior »

I'd buy it. If you don't, you'll always wish you had.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I like the fine little cartridge so much that I have three of them. 12.5 grs IMR 4198 under a 75 Speer FN and you are good to go. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I appreciate the thought Junior, it is true but, it was a take it now or the opportunity will pass. Sometimes these things come up and you don't have $900 free which is what it would be with DROS tax etc. I did get to see it and we'll see a good friend of mine may get it then I can shoot it anyway - he is the one who dropped of his new Shiloh with me for a month to shoot. It was interesting to see how nicely it was made.

I am thrilled to have gotten the Ruger 3 screw 45 Colt. Of course here in Calif. (sorry Junior) where the dems make the laws I can't get it until Nov 1. By the way, they just tried to put a bill through that the only pistols that could be sold must stamp the serial number of the gun on the case upon firing. Arnold shot that down. There are a number of pistols we can't get because they haven't been submitted for the drop test. The manufacturer must pay the thousands per individual model to have them tested. This type of thing could be what awaits the rest of you in the other 49. Don't worry though they are always thinking of more.

Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[Don't worry though they are always thinking of more.]

One more reason, I don't envy your (and some of my relatves') choice of state of residence. (sigh) :(
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Pete, I have had my practice here for 30 years in Feb. Pretty much planted here. Just have to live with the changes.

Tristan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tristan »

The last '92 in 25-20 I saw was a 24" barrel, rough outside, little bluing, lot's of 'character' in the wood, no finish left on the wood, bore was like the inside of a sewer pipe. Action was smooth, though.

Asking price, $995, and it's still there after 2 years.

- Tristan